Feeling and getting better, but not particularly talkative.
Besides, the issue is huge and is going to take a lot of time to get through.
Now if you excuse me I have to go represent Waldo at his custody hearing. Apparently according the the Government being ‘off the grid’ makes you a potential terrorist.
[At least to us.]
Impish was suppose to announce this Saturday as was only fitting since he founded this blog long before there ever was such a thing as blogs. However Impish rarely reads my memos in a timely fashion and didn’t get this one until after his issue when to publication (as normal 2 minutes before its deadline). So it falls to me to make this momentous announcement. As you know I have mentioned several times we were approaching the 300,000 views mark. I have been tracking it on about an every other day basis though being sick did sort of interfere with that somewhat.
I checked the total page his on Feb 5, 2016, at 13:07 ( that’s last Friday just after 1 in the afternoon to you civilians) and found that we had-
PASSED the 300,000 views mark!
As I have said before given we’ve only been in the blog now for something like 6 years and only have around 475 members give or take at any one time this to us is HUGE.
Impish and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued readership and support without which this would never had been possible.
Which reminds me…
Just a friendly reminder that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner!
(Pauses to savor the screams &/or moans of despair from the men in the audience)
Here are a few addressable gift cards for your presents.
One time of the year where being a socially awkward Geek has its advantages!
And here are a few V Day cards for you Nerds out there:
Finally since I’m feeling a bit terse with the raw throat I’ve still got left. I decided I might as well translate that over to Molly’s Valentine’s Day card as well-
Or you can celebrate V-Day with good a ol’ fashioned board game that has a very adult twist. Diamen? Ginny? Impish and I are waiting to play!
Sorry but after that I feel compelled to show this video:
After all if it’s not music it must be noise right?
Brain-eating Zombies abandon attack on Washington
BREAKING NEWS: The attack of the brain-eating zombies on Washington has failed.
Zombie leaders have just announced they are withdrawing from the nations capital confirming what many zombie leaders had earlier said. “this attack was a fruitless effort in that the supply of brains in Washington was limited to only a very small percentage of the population”.
Recent estimates that only about 1% of Washington residents possess enough “grey matter” for a decent meal have been confirmed as many of the zombie army are dying from starvation on the battle fields in and around the White House and Capital.
In additional news from across the nation, the attacks on the major universities have also ceased for the same reason. The zombies are now concentrating their attacks on the many survivalist camps around the country, but are being met by fierce resistance from the well-armed occupants of these isolated outpost.
Meanwhile the mindless madness continues in the Capital and on campuses across America
A husband gets more than he expected after asking his wife what’s on her mind
Recently, a guy asked his wife to draw out what she was thinking. I doubt he wasn’t expecting such an elaborate map.
Although at first glance it comes off a bit overwhelming, it shows just how much actually is on her mind and how good mothers and wives can be at working through the madness.
Thoughts on kids? That’s gonna take several diagrams.
Luckily for the husband, (as long as his name is Stephen) she thinks of him fondly.
I have to admit I have my doubts about that drawing being done by a female. Did you see shopping, shoes, gossip, chocolate or wine?
“IMPISH! GET YOUR BLOODY SNOUT OUT O’ ME GLASS!- Lethal Leprechaun
Stupid Shit Cops Say to Keep You From Recording
As I dive deeper and deeper into the legal complexities of the right to photograph and record in public (I can quote Glik v Cuniffe so fast I will make your head spin), I have noticed a disturbing trend:
The reasons and excuses offered by police officers, firefighters, security officers, even teachers and principals, to keep you from taking a photograph are just plain pathetic.
There’s not a shred of originality – let alone truth – to any of them. It’s as if they communicate on their own private radio frequency. What really fascinates me is how people who are usually intelligent and hard-working individuals can say many of these things without thinking, That is so stupid and inane, even I wouldn’t believe it if I heard it.
Of course, many of these statements are illegal, threatening, violations of any number of your Constitutionally-mandated rights (if not all of them), or just plain – how can we say this in a diplomatic way? – frigging stupid.
This list is posted for your protection and education. The next time you hear someone in authority – or someone who thinks they are in a position of authority – saying anything on this list, your Bullshit Meter should set off an alarm and you can just ignore the blubbering fool.
If you have any more words of wisdom to add to this list, please put them in the comments.
- The camera could be a gun.
- 9/11. That’s all I need to say.
- Are you a terrorist?
- You must be a terrorist.
- National security. That’s all I need to say.
- If this building were to suddenly blow up, we would want to know who to call with some questions.
- You don’t have my permission to take my photograph here on the street.
- You need permission to take photographs of people in the accident.
- You need to respect people’s privacy.
- You’re real close to going to jail…real close!
- Put that camera down and stop taking photos. Now!
- Do you not have anything better to do with your life?
- Let me see your credentials/identification/press pass/etc.
- You need a press pass to be here.
- The crime scene is as big as I want it to be.
- Just back away and shoot with a long lens.
- I’m taking your picture because you took mine.
- The yellow tape is for anyone not holding a camera. YOU need to go back another block or more.
- Why are you pointing a camera at me while I am trying to do my job?
- Give me the photo disk. Now!
- If you keep recording, we will take your camera as evidence!
- Give me your camera. Now!
- Let me see your photographs.
- I don’t need a warrant to see your photographs.
- I don’t need a warrant to take your camera.
- Stop resisting arrest while I try to take your camera!
- You have taken enough photos, now go away.
- You cannot have my name and badge number.
- My name is Your Worse Nightmare and my badge number is 666.
- This is a government building, no photographs are allowed.
- You can’t take photographs of that government building.
- You can’t take photographs of that office building.
- You don’t have my permission to record this conversation on the street.
- Because I said so!
I have prepared a two-page reprint of this story so you can carry it in your camera bag (anyone for Stupid Shit Cops Say Bingo??). Click here to download the PDF file.
About Avi S. Adelman
Avi S. Adelman is a sort-of professional photographer in Dallas, Texas, shooting mostly for fun and not much profit. He is also a freelance graphic designer. Avi is a member of the National Press Photographers Association (NPPA) and organized the first “Right to Photograph & Record in Public” event presented by NPPA in October 2014 to more than 200 law enforcement officers in North Texas.
John Cleese: Political Correctness Can Lead to an Orwellian Nightmare
You have to be really careful what you say around Mrs. Dragon. She’s very sensitive and has an Irish temper besides!
Sampler Platter from a new BBQ joint Molly and I tried last weekend. Good thing we weren’t hungry and decided to share it when we ordered! Slaw is pink because it has pickled ginger in it and a mayonnaise-less Asian style dressing.
Ok so these might be too late for the Super Bowl but March Madness is right around the corner and then all those baby and bridal showers. You can never have too many good ‘go to’ munchies recipes in your panty.
Flaky, buttery crescent rolls surround sausage, pepperoni, and melting cheese. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
2 tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (5 oz.) package of mini pepperoni
1 (12 oz.) package of mozzarella string cheese
½ lb. ground Italian sausage
Private Selection™ Pizza Seasoning
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium skillet, cook Italian sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking up with a spoon until crumbly.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles and sprinkle pizza seasoning on top. Cut one string cheese in half and place at top of dough. Add mini pepperoni and Italian sausage.
- Roll up and place on baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle garlic salt over top. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping
Another version of the above idea which might be equally at home on the dinner table with a salad
Cheeseburger dip – a hybrid of a simple cheeseburger with all the classic toppings and a creamy cheese dip.
1 lb. lean ground beef
½ cup onion
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. water
½ cup dill pickles, chopped
4 oz. cream cheese
1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Cook the ground beef and onion over medium heat in a medium nonstick skillet until the beef is browned and cooked through. Add the Worcestershire sauce, water, pickles and cream cheese. Stir until combined. Remove from the heat and add one cup of cheddar cheese. Stir again until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the dip to the baking dish and cover it with the remaining cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top with the chopped lettuce, tomatoes and green onions. Serve with chips.
Big Game Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Dip
This Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Dip has layers of cheesecake filling and crunchy hazelnut spread, and it’s topped with a smooth whipped hazelnut mousse. It’s great for dipping strawberries, graham crackers and any other favorite fruit
1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
¼ cup Condensed Milk
Pinch of salt
1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
3 Tbsp. Condensed Milk
1 jar (13 oz.) Hazelnut Spread
Pinch of salt
- Beat the softened cream cheese and a pinch of salt in a mixer with 3 Tbsp. condensed milk until fluffy and combined. Add the vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the cheesecake filling into the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream until it reaches a medium peak.
- Add ¼ cup of hazelnut spread to the whipped cream, another pinch of salt and whip until stiff peaks form and the mixture is well combined. Don’t whip too much or the mixture will curdle. Set aside in the refrigerator to keep it chilled.
- Add the rest of the jar of hazelnut spread to the top of your cheesecake filling in the serving bowl and spread.
- Layer the chocolate hazelnut mousse on top of the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Garnish with strawberries, graham crackers and other fruits on the side and serve. Enjoy, and may the best team win!
‘Confucius Did Not Say:
MAN WHO WANTS PRETTY NURSE MUST BE PATIENT.
PASSIONATE KISS, LIKE SPIDER WEB, LEADS TO UNDOING FLY.
LADY WHO GOES CAMPING WITH MAN MUST BEWARE OF EVIL INTENT.
SQUIRREL WHO RUNS UP WOMAN’S LEG WILL NOT FIND NUTS.
MAN WHO RUNS IN FRONT OF CAR GETS TIRED, BUT MAN WHO RUNS BEHIND CAR GETS EXHAUSTED.
MAN WHO EATS MANY PRUNES GET GOOD RUN FOR MONEY.
WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT; IT DETERMINES WHO IS LEFT.
MAN WHO FIGHTS WITH WIFE ALL DAY GET NO PIECE AT NIGHT.
IT TAKES MANY NAILS TO BUILD A CRIB, BUT ONLY ONE SCREW TO FILL IT.
MAN WHO DRIVES LIKE HELL IS BOUND TO GET THERE.
WISE MAN DOES NOT KEEP SLEDGE HAMMER AND SLOW COMPUTER IN SAME ROOM.
MAN WHO LIVES IN GLASS HOUSE SHOULD CHANGE CLOTHES IN BASEMENT.
And, Confucius Certainly Did Ever Not Say. . .”A lion will not cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood!”
George Carlin – Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners…..
We’re All Going to Jail: When a masked man was spotted outside Brickett Elementary School in Lynn, Mass., with a gun, the principal didn’t take any chances: she put the school on lockdown and called 911, even though she “thought the gun might be plastic.” It was, and so was the mask: the man was dressed as a “Star Wars” stormtrooper. “The way things are today, you can’t have that,” said Lynn Police spokesman Lt. Rick Donnelly. George Cross, 40, was arrested and charged with “disturbing a school” and loitering within 1,000 feet of a school, even though, Donnelly admits, “Our feelings are that he was not there to cause harm to the kids.” Cross “used bad judgment,” Donnelly says, which “did cause a disturbance and we can’t tolerate that.” (RC/Salem News) …Bad judgment: now a criminal offense.
Killing the Enemy: Holland is part of an international coalition against ISIS. “By killing a member of [ISIS] I have probably saved dozens of lives,” said Jitse Akse. And yet Dutch authorities have arrested a man reporters identified as Akse, 47, who allegedly joined Kurdish fighters to battle ISIS. “Dutch law — apart from in exceptional circumstances like self-defense — does not give citizens the right to use force and particularly not deadly force,” prosecutors said. The man was released, but his passport was taken and he could be charged with murder. (AC/AFP) …Because the difference between war and murder is whether your government told you to do it.
A Big Hairy Adventure: Donald Trump has been making the U.S. Presidential race into quite a show, and now he’s topping the charts in the world of erotic literature. Comedian Elijah Daniel, 22, wrote the book in four hours while drunk, and now Trump Temptations: The Billionaire & The Bellboy is ranked number 1 in Amazon’s “humorous erotica” and “gay erotica” categories. “With his oily orange skin glistening in the sunlight as if he were a soggy Cheetos,” one passage reads. Most of the book’s reviews on Amazon give it five stars. “This has to be the single most impressive piece of writing in modern American literary history,” wrote one reviewer. “When I am on my death bed I will be reading this book and my family will say ‘Again?’ and I will say ‘Yes, now and forever’.” Senator Ted Cruz has also has an erotic book written about him: Lacey Noonan’s A Cruzmas Carol: Ted Cruz Takes a Dickens of a Constitutional. (MS/Los Angeles Times) …This could be a whole new, fun way to elect a President.