It’s been a weekend. Time if flying. It seems like it’s going by so fast. Just five minutes ago it was Thursday night and I was looking forward to a kind of three day weekend and now, as I write this, it’s late Sunday afternoon and I’m thinking about going back to work tomorrow.
It’s all going by so quick. I don’t know if it’s just a sign of old age or if it’s God’s way of making time go by faster for me so I have less time to dwell on how lonely I am and bringing be closer to my heavenly reward faster and reuniting me with my dear Mary faster. (and other loved ones) Don’t get me wrong, I am not anxious to die, not by any stretch of the imagination…or as the apostle Paul likes to say, “By no means”, but it does seem odd that time is actually flying by. I have so much to do, and I’m always tired. I try to stay busy. Here’s how this coming week is planned out in my head. And it is pretty typical.
Monday: Work 0630 to 1530, home by 1545, work on Dragon Laffs while making and eating dinner and feeding dogs and taking them out, Men’s Group 1745 to 2015 (includes travel time), study to 2130, bed.
Tuesday: Work 0630 to 1530, home by 1545, grocery shopping with Izzy till about 1730, dinner, dog routine till about 1830. Work on Dragon Laffs (should finish Thursday’s issue) and study to 2130, bed
Wednesday: Work, (on base grief group from noon to 1300) home by 1600, dinner dog routine early, Jail Ministry 1745 to 2030, study, maybe start Saturday’s DL, pick Izzy up from work, study in car while waiting for her, bed at 2300
Thursday: Work (start of Super UTA Thursday through Sunday) hopefully off work by 1600, dinner dog routine, last week of free Thursday, starting next Thursday start a new Living Free Course that I am facilitating for next 14 weeks from 1830 to 2030, but this week going to use this time to work on DL and get ahead on next week’s course and of course, Bible Study., bed 2130
Friday: Work (Super UTA) in-briefings for new commanders all day, maybe home by 1700, dinner dog, finish Saturday Dragon Laffs, Study in car while waiting for Izzy to get out of work, bed by 2300.
Saturday: If I have students for class then class all day, if no students, then a short sleep in and Men’s Breakfast at church 0715 to 0930, Work 10 to 1700. If students, work starts at 0600. Try to finish Monday’s DL, probably not, study in car while waiting for Izzy again bed by 2300.
Sunday: I already know I have students so work is from 0600 to 1700 and class all day on my feet and I should be dead by 1400. But, I’ll have to die standing up and missing church. Izzy is working again tonight, so I’ll probably finish up Monday’s DL tonight, do my normal routine while picking Izzy up at 10, even though they don’t get out until close to 1030 most nights and again I’ll be in the rack by 11.
And that explains why my week goes by so fast. There’s no time in there for watching TV or me time or anything else. Which I guess is a good thing. Now that I have it all written out I’m tempted to go back and erase it all, but I’ll leave it since I took the time to write it. So for the rest of the issue…
You may not know this…
Many inanimate things have a gender:
1) Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.
2) Copiers are Female, because once turned off it take a while to warm them back up again. They are an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreck havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.
3) A Tire is Male, because it goes bald, and it’s often over-inflated.
4) A hot Air Balloon is Male, because to get it to go anywhere you have to light a fire under it, and of course there’s the whole hot air part.
5) Sponges are Female, because they’re soft, squeezable and retain water.
6) A Web Page is Female, because it’s always getting hit on.
7) A Subway is Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.
8) An Hourglass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.
9) A Hammer is Male, because it hasn’t changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it’s handy to have around.
10) A Remote Control is Female. Ha! You thought it would be male, didn’t you? But consider this: it gives a man pleasure, he’d be lost without it, and while he doesn’t always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying!
I hate it when TV shows say they contain “adult situations” but then don’t show anyone going to work, paying bills, or cleaning up after their kids.
Fact of the Day:
Hawaiian Alphabet – The question is, “How many letters are there in the Hawaiian alphabet? The answer is: 13.
Another of my baby pictures.
My wife said she saw a bowtie made from solid mahogany.
She said she nearly bought it for me but she didn’t think I would wear it.
I replied, “Wooden tie?”
I have so many questions…
If you gave some people a penny for their thoughts, they’d have to give you back some change!
Keep your distance from people who will never admit they are wrong and always try to make you feel like it’s all your fault.
A couple of those could be on my list.
I don’t know why other than it’s a great picture.
If you’re having a bad day, remember that in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in Apple for $800. Today it’s worth $285,000,000,000!!!
Are they still “Bad Habits” if I enjoy them?
A continuous part of my life now!
Be careful who you pretend to be.
You might forget who you are.
People don’t have to like you, and you don’t have to care.
Things haven’t been the same since the house fell on my sister.
And it will happen a lot faster and a lot sooner than you think.
Before you judge someone, ask yourself — What could they be going through? What’s their story? What’s happening in their life to make them respond this way? Take a minute and think of all you’ve been through and all you’ve been forgiven for — and there is a good chance the judgment will be replaced with compassion and understanding.
It should be MORE important at our borders!!!!!!
Every since that middle schooler got in trouble at school for wearing the shirt that said “There are only 2 genders” I wanted to get one to wear around at work and around town to see how many people would start fights with me. If the rainbow coalition can wear shirts that say whatever they want to say, why can’t he wear a shirt that says what he believes? Because it doesn’t fit in with the democratic tag line? Just like it’s fine to wear a shirt that says “Black Lives Matter”. Of course they do, ALL LIVES MATTER! But being a white guy, what if I wore a shirt that said, “White Lives Matter”? Or even worse, Old White Lives Matter since I’m an old white guy? What if I wore that shirt?
No kidding. You wanted them, YOU take care of them!!!
Sometimes the black sheep of the family is the only one who has the guts to tell the truth!
I don’t regret burning my bridges
I regret that some people weren’t on those bridges when I burnt them.
I was going to say, “Calgon take me away” but today I’m feeling more like “Jose Cuervo, you are a friend of mine.”
This next is from Lynn and it’s called “Food For Thought”. We’ve seen a lot of them before, but some of them are new:
• How is it that the government can’t control gasoline prices… But the weather is something they can fix?
• If kids knew what they wanted to be at age eight, the world would be filled with cowboys and princesses. I wanted to be a pirate.
Thank goodness nobody took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg-leg surgery. —Bill Maher
• Why were we told to lower our AC usage on hot days to prevent overwhelming the electric grid while simultaneously being told to trade in our gas cars for electric vehicles?
• Why is canceling student debt a good idea? Does it make sense to reward people who do not honor their financial commitment by taxing the people who do?
• Does it make sense to cut off oil from an ally and buy it from an enemy who calls for your death?
• Eliminating the production of 500,000 American barrels of oil a day to buy 500,000 barrels a day from Russia is simply…well…stupid.
• Are we living in a time where intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won’t be offended?
• Why is talking sexually in the workplace considered sexual harassment to adults…but talking about sexuality to children K-3 at school considered education?
• I saw a movie where only the police and military had guns; it was called Schindler’s List.
• Why are we running out of money for Social Security and Medicare and not for welfare, illegals and free college?
• If an 18 year old isn’t mature enough to own a firearm, then maybe five year olds aren’t mature enough to change their gender
• Nobody called it “Toxic Masculinity” when we were saving the world.
• Mice die in mouse traps because they do not understand why the cheese is free… Just like socialism.
• The most powerful governments on earth can’t stop a virus from spreading… but they say they can change the earth’s temperature if you pay more taxes.
• Want to stop drunk drivers from killing sober drivers? Ban sober drivers from driving. That’s how gun control and COVID lockdowns work.
This explains why the United States today is not the country that I grew up in.
Did you ever look around your family and think — somewhere there is a carnival running itself!
“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end.”
~ Gilda Radner
a day ago