Happy Birthday Lethal Leprechaun!

2c

Wednesday is Lethal’s birthday!

I would like to take this quick opportunity to wish a very happy birthday to a guy who has become one of my best friends even though we have never, ever met in real life.  To a guy who I’ve worked closer with than some of the people I work with day to day.  Dude, you’re the best.

I ask all of you loyal readers to take this opportunity to wish our favorite Leprechaun a happy birthday.  My wish is for you to click the stars above to give it a rating and make a comment for him.  Let’s show him how much we wish him a great day!

Happy Birthday Pal!  And may you have many happy returns!

Impish Dragon

18 Responses to Happy Birthday Lethal Leprechaun!

1. Pingback: Leprechaun Laughs # 266 for Wednesday October 1st 2014 | Dragon Laffs

2. Kiz says:

Happy Birthday Lethal ! Is there any cake left 🙂

3. Steve says:

Lethal – Happy Birthday and keep up the good work

4. Heidi says:

Happy birthday lethal !! was my birthday too ! I’m 48, 🙂
    Hope you had a great day xx

5. paul says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LETHAL – AND MANY MORE – ALSO THANKS FOR ALL YOURS AND IMPISH’S HARD WORK

6. Leah Diane Hanson says:

Sorry I am a day late, so can only hope that your birthday was wonderful
    Leah Diane

7. Chris says:

Have a wonderful Day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

8. Happy Birthday Lethal..May you have many many moore!!

9. Howard SbrBiker Zang says:

Happy Birthday Lethal!! I hope you have a great day and enjoy many, many more birthdays!!

10. Lawrence Spencer says:

Happy belated Birthday!!!!

Lawrence

11. Don Castle says:

Happy Birthday Lethal

12. lethalleprechaun says:

I’d like to thank Impish for his kinds words- even if I did think we had reached an agreement where he wouldn’t mention my advancing age and in return I wouldn’t mention his advancing waste land I MEAN waist line. I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank my producers, without who none of this would ever have been possible. So thanks Mom & Dad without your biological aid, and the fact that a dwindling supply of American condoms were too far across the cold Irish cottage bedroom and the fire in the stove had gone out long about Christmas 1959 I’d not be here writing this now.

In truth I’m looking forward to each new birthday a little less. The speed at which they repeat themselves indeed does seem to be coming more quickly. Unfortunately I can’t say the same of the insight and wisdom its supposed to bring along for the trip.

As a result of that realization I’ve gotten into the habit of searching my life every year to determine where I am and where I should be going in the next year. I look every year for a song that sums up my feelings long about my birthday. Some years I’m more successful, than others and some years the lyrics are more profound than others.

At 46 in 2006 it was John Mayer – Waiting on the World to Change. In 2010 it was The Bellamy Brothers – Jalapenos. This year however looking at the looming wall of 55 coming up hard and fast has caused me to think about a quote I have always lived my life by, “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.”
    – J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.

As I was reflecting upon those words and where living my life more or less by them had gotten me and where I currently was a song came up on my Pandora station. As I listened to the lively tune I started to really pay attention to the lyrics and knew I had this year summed up in this song.(Highlighting are the lines that caught me.)

“Wake Me Up” by Aviccii

Feeling my way through the darkness
    Guided by a beating heart
    I can’t tell where the journey will end
    But I know where to start

They tell me I’m too young to understand
    They say I’m caught up in a dream
    Well life will pass me by if I don’t open up my eyes
    Well that’s fine by me

So wake me up when it’s all over
    When I’m wiser and I’m older
    All this time I was finding myself
    And I didn’t know I was lost

I tried carrying the weight of the world
    But I only have two hands
    Hope I get the chance to travel the world
    But I don’t have any plans

Wish that I could stay forever this young
    Not afraid to close my eyes
    Life’s a game made for everyone
    And love is the prize

So wake me up when it’s all over
    When I’m wiser and I’m older
    All this time I was finding myself
    And I didn’t know I was lost

Didn’t know I was lost
    I didn’t know I was lost
    I didn’t know I was lost
    I didn’t know (didn’t know, didn’t know)

I sort of realized that as long as I have Molly, some semblance of health, my few good friends (yes Impish you top the list) then I shouldn’t sweat the rest so much, after you have those things the rest is just biscuits and gravy.

13. Bob Burgett says:

You’re the best of what appears in my in-box ! Big THANK YOU and Best Wishes

14. Henry says:

Many more.

15. Ginny says:

I’m practicing my Irish jig to perform for our Birthday boy. Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Lethal. May you find all the gold at the end of your rainbow. xoxoxo

• lethalleprechaun says:

Wooo HOOO! Shake dat booty Ginny!

When you’re done dancing that jig come lay across me lap and I’ll give ya my birthday spanking!

16. Happy Birthday, Lethal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!