A Few Words From The Lethal Leprechaun

Lep Movie Sage words

LOL great minds and all that (seems so very strange & wrong to be calling the Dragon’s mind “great”)…ok so then, ”like thinking minds”, (yeah that’s much better and doesn’t make me feel like I have the IQ of a Dragon). I wrote these comment below very early this morning and forwarded them the Impish for his review before posting thinking he might want to add his two coppers to them. Turns out he had a similar notion but posted them first and then said hey go see what I wrote.

I’d like to quickly respond to a few comments. In no particular order (or better yet sort of in the order the comments appeared on my screen)

Dee65, George R, Pat C, Paul. Toni & Chuck – Thanks to you and the rest for all your comments that made us think it over and by all means keep commenting. The apparent apathy of our readership was part of our decision process as we thought there would not be much of an outcry over our shutting down. Your enthusiastic response to our tentative plan(s) is greatly appreciated and shows us that considering other options was a better plan all along. Thanks for the encouragement and for sticking with us.

Toni- By all means go and pray for miracles. The world desperately needs many many miracles. Peace between Arab & Jew. Peace between Islam and the rest of the world. An end to radical fundamentalist religions of all denominations. The realization of our OMG dream (Obama Must Go). Impish or I (preferably me) hitting the lottery so that we can both retire and devote ourselves full time to this effort and have the sort of funds we wish to take this even farther and make it more fun (We dream of being able to have a meet and greet the Dragon & Leprechaun weekend someplace spectacularly fun like Vegas or on a cruise.) A few days gentle soaking rain for Texas. Heath, wealth and amelioration of pain and suffering for all DragonLaffs readers. Consistent four digit readership numbers. Lower coffee, Irish whiskey and Guinness pricing. I suggest you take a list so you don’t forget any!

Steve H & Kris M- The Paypal link is still functional or contact Impish directly if your offers of financial aid were sincere.

Please rest assured that ALL proceeds received go into defraying the costs of keeping the blog going. None of it gets frivolously spent or wasted. I bought a refurbished Laptop in January which was an unplanned expense which is primarily used to create Leprechaun Laughs and receive e-mails related to the blog because my ancient Frankensteined desktop (circa 2001 and upgraded 3 times) was showing signs of failing and would just not support anymore software upgrades due to system limitations.

Sadly I have learned that its highly likely that this referb was so cheap because the motherboard contains fatal design flaws dealing with the video system. It too is now failing. I am no longer able to see videos on sites like Youtube to check out before posting them. Eventually I will have to replace this or throw in the towel until I can afford another non work related machine. The Dragonlaffs URL, blog hosting, our computer system maintenance and repairs, defraying the cost of our ISPs, ear plugs to tune out family complaints about us constantly working on our posts, these are all the sort of things your kind and generous donations go towards. Not one penny is wasted ever.

They say “laughter is the best medicine” even at Steve’s $10/year donation level I defy you to find another medicine that lasts all year and comes at such a cheap price.

Here is a thought we have been kicking around a goodly while now. We feel like beggars coming to you and asking for donations. If there was something you could purchase, a coffee cup or a T~shirt or the like, where part of the price went to us and part (unfortunately the largest part) went towards the price of the item would that make you guys happier?

Please either leave your comment or e~mail us on the subject and let us know your feelings please!

Irish TExan Sig

About lethalleprechaun

I believe in being the kind of man who, when my feet touch the floor in the morn', causes the Devil to say "BUGGER ME! HIMSELF IS UP!" ======== I'm a White Married Heterosexual who fervently believes in the war(s) we are fighting, the Second Amendment which I plan on defending with my last breath and my last round of ammunition as well as Arizona's stringent law on Immigration and the need for the border wall. I'm a right of center Con-centrist with Tea Party & Republican sympathies who drives an SUV. I am a Life Time Member of the NRA, a Charter Member of the Patriots' Border Alliance and North American Hunters Association. If there is a season for it and I can shoot one I'll eat it and proudly wear its fur. I believe PETA exists solely to be a forum for Gays, Vegetarians, Hollywood snobbery to stupid to get into politics and Soybean Growers. The ACLU stopped protecting our civil liberties sometime after the 1960s and now serves its own bigoted headline grabbing agenda much in the same way as the Southern Poverty Law Center. I am ecstatic that WE the PEOPLE finally got mad enough to rise up and take back the Government from WE the ENTITLED and reverently wish the Liberals would just get over the loss and quit whining/protesting all the time. After all they're just reaping what they've sown. I am Pro-choice both when it comes to the issue of abortion AND school prayer. I believe in a government for the people, by the people which represents and does the people's will. Therefore I an Pro States rights and mandatory term limits but against special interest group campaign contributions and soft money. I think that sports teams who allow their players to sit or take a knee during the National Anthem should be boycotted until the message is received that this is not acceptable behavior for role models for children. I believe Congressional salaries should be voted on bi-annually by the people they represent and not by themselves. I think Congress should be subject to every law they pass on the populace including any regarding Social Security or Healthcare. Speaking of the Healthcare bill (or con job as I see it) I hope Trump will overturn it and set things back to normal. I oppose the building of an Mosque or ANY Islamic center at or within a 10 mile radius of Ground Zero in New York. I will fight those in favor of this until hell freezes over and then I will continue to fight it hand to hand on the ice. Further I think the ban on immigrants from certain nations known to harbor and promote terrorism is a justified measure, at least until we can come up with better methods of vetting and tracking those non citizens we allow in the country. We did not inflict this measure on them those who refuse to point out, denounce or fight radical religious terrorism brought this upon themselves.

21 Responses to A Few Words From The Lethal Leprechaun

1. They should have a ‘LIKE’ button in their comments sections on wordpress pages … dang. 😦

2. Dan from NYC says:

I’m off to the ancient lodge deep in the mountains of Cats Kill. After a period of purification that is bound to take days I will be doing the rain dance for Lethal and the other denizens of the parched regions of the country and less severe weather for Impish where the wild wind are blowing.

Ciao for now, talk next week.

3. Dan from NYC says:

Just the cost of locating virgins alone! Oh my!

• lethalleprechaun says:

Dan the KEY to reasonable supplies and costs for virgins lays in using sustainable resources and raising your own (SHHH! DO NOT TELL IMPISH!) supply. Then you get to pocket the extravagant fees you charge him for locating them and making sure they are healthy and authentic Grade V Prime (V for vestial of course) virgins as opposed to those ‘almost virgins’ you find for sale in so many Third World and Asian countries.

• Dan from NYC says:

Leave it to the crafty Lethal Leprechaun to make gold where most mere mortals bleed it!

4. Beggin pardon – it seems I made LOADS of errors in the above comments! GAK!!!
    @ Dan from NYC, you’re cracking me up!

I’m in a much more hopeful frame of mind since hearing that Dragon Laffs is to be continued. I’ve also been wracking my brain, during the few hours of today that I haven’t spent sleeping, for ways to come up with exposure for this gem of journalistic excellence in wit and necessary information. And since my friends and colleagues are more resourceful in such matters than I am, I think I’ll start inquring for ideas, and enlisting some help to spread the word and the cash, so to speak.

We can’t have Lethal running around with only a few pence in his gold-pot. And, I can’t imagine the cost of feeding a Dragon.

5. Dan from NYC says:

Isn’t it interesting that some “salt” raises the blood pressure of some but reduces it in others?

6. Sorry for the apostrophe where there wasn’t supposed to be one. I haven’t swilled enough coffee yet. :p

7. Impish & Lethal,

Gentleman, again … you have no need to apologize for anything regarding Dragon Laffs content.

Dragon Laffs is a spectacular recurring piece of work that is a privilege to read.

To ease your minds, I’ll share with you this.

My dad was a Marine. I have two God-father’s. Both are Marines. I have more family and friends than I can count on all my fingers and toes are are Marines as well. And, beyond those, we have the rest of the US Armed Forces integrated into the mix too. That being said, what sort of “salty language” do you think I have been exposed to? I promise, my eyesight won’t blur from reading it, nor will my ears fall off from hearing it. I’ve accumulated way too much exposure time to the “salt” for it to have any adverse effects, lol.

Please keep doing what you do, and just the way you do it.

No other publication “delivers it” like Dragon Laffs. You have every reason to be very proud of your work, and you are more than deserving of all the positive exposure we can manage to put out there for you.

When I woke up this evening and checked the blog (which was also facebooked and twittered), it had been read 100 times. It’s only a blog, but 100 reads is a good start, yes?

There is only one other site I write for, which is hubpages, and my spot there is not for blogs. I would have posted a more professional review there for you there this morning, but in truth, I was running out of steam and fading fast after finish up my night shift duties. I thought I’d best wait to write it when I had a clear head and some rest.

It is my hope to get you as many donations and paying readers as I can reach for you. The more readers who see your work, the better off those readers will be. No one can read Dragon Laffs and come away unenlightened and uninspired. I can’t fathom that ever being a possibility.

8. My apologies for “mean readers” …. I meant MANY!!! 😀

• impishdragon says:

Wow!…Um thanks Angelia! Very nice, kind and (scarily) accurate essay on our little blog. I (and I’m sure Lethal will mirror these comments) appreciate the write up. If I had guessed, I would have never thought that anyone writing from a “christian” perspective would have written to us so kindly (you DO remember Lethal’s little trip in the handbasket, don’t you?) but I agree, that we are NOT for your average audience, but again, we believe our campers are special, one and all. Thanks again for the bump. It’s deeply appreciated.
      Impish

• lethalleprechaun says:

Aww I have WAY more fun whittling ‘mean readers’ down to size, though I suppose I could forgo them in favor of many readers at this point.

Impish is right your post is bloody marvelous (pardon the salt ma’am). IMHO you certainly have nothing to apologize for over its composition or any grammatical mistakes your post. Compared to some of what gets posted here its a masterpiece.

Since you were so knid as to post here and author a wonderful post on your own blog treating us so kindly I felt honor bound to grace your blog with me Irish presence and comments.

Thanks again!

• Dan from NYC says:

Ay Lethal, And ’tis with the charm and delight of your quick Irish mind and fyne gift with the words of your whittlin that makes the trip there if not a delight to the object of your scorn the affirmed desire of the rest of the assembly.

9. Gentleman – in an attempt to say THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING!!!! and in hopes of rounding up as mean readers for your publication as I can find ….

This one is all for you …. http://angeliaphillips.blogspot.com/2011/08/superb-rescusitation-of-dragon-laffs.html

God bless and thanks for staying!!!

• Dan from NYC says:

As I wrote on your blog, nicely done! I’ll take crumbs from Impish and Lethal rather than silence any day of the week!

10. theazdingo says:

Like the dee65 said, I’m 65, 66 in 10 days, and I would be proud to wear a tee shirt with your likenesses on it. I’d even like to have a mug even though I no longer drink coffee (I’m sure the coffee industry felt the blow). I could certainly drink other adult beverages from it. And after the first of the month I will start making monthly contributions to the cause until I hit the lottery and then we’ll see what happens. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Dan from NYC says:

It looks like you two have taken the silent out of majority. Who knew?

12. Ginny says:

I just made a $20 donation…and do not need a T-shirt or Coffee Cup…I would rather see you and Impish use it towards the Blog or operating costs. We are all hurting for money..but if we all dig into our piggy banks…there has got to be a few coins for them. I too don’t like to ask for help , but if we all send something besides our love and words…just maybe we can resurrect our beloved Dragon Laffs and show them in moooooooooolah.

13. lynn fux says:

I have been sitting here thinking(never a good thing) and a few things have occurred to me. Isn’t it interesting what a huge out pouring of love there has been from we subscribers for 2 such minor minorities trying to cross the border into out Mortal World. Just wondering if that makes ALL of us bleeding heart liberals,since we are even now willing to give you guys fish instead of teaching you how to fish ,so to speak.It is obvious we are willing in our liberal way to do anything to help keep you guys within the BORDERS of our Mortal World and needy twisted minds. Just saying,and not too good a job at saying it either.All kidding aside just tell me how much,and when. Lynn

• lethalleprechaun says:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. TEACH him to fish and your Bait & Tackle Shop prospers!

14. dee65 says:

Hey guys, I’m 66 years old and I wouldn’t mind wearing a tee shirt with you on it! Hell it would be fun to wear, people would ask where did you get it from and I would have to tell them and give them you newsletter so that they could find out where to get one!
    Wahooooooooo sounds good to me!