The end of an era… ten years of fun!

Good Morning Campers.  It is with sad heart I come before you today, to tell you of the end of this adventure in my life.  Dragon Laffs has had it’s last issue.  To those of you who’ve told me how much you look forward, every day to your smiles, I’m truly sorry.  But, by now you should be able to go out and find those laughs on your own.

Putting out a blog, even every other day, is an awful lot of work and takes, quite frankly, more time than I have to give it right now.  There are many, many things going on in my life right now and I have to prioritize to what’s most important to my family and I.  Dragon Laffs has completely taken over my life and now I have no life left for it to take over.

I first started this gig because I didn’t have time to devote to my true passion and my true calling which is writing.  In order to keep the monkey off my back I found that interacting here on the web, and getting to put my voice out there was somewhat satisfying and fun.  And that was enough….for a while.

I deeply regret that it is no longer the case.

I’ve sat here writing and re-writing this for several hours now an I don’t want to beat this to death, tears are already forming puddles on my computer keyboard, and if I short it out, none of you will know how this ends.  I’ve met an awful lot of wonderful people and made some magical friends and I hope you will continue to write, but I can’t do this any longer, and for that, I’m very sorry.

I wish to apologize to my dear friend Lethal Leprechaun for springing this on him the way I have.  Your help in this endeavor has been seconded only by the friendship which you so freely gave.  Thank you for all you’ve done my friend.

Cheers my friends,

I will remain.

The Impish Dragon

27 Responses to The end of an era… ten years of fun!

1. femmeflashpoint says:

I am saddened beyond description, and very, very sorry to get this news.

2. theazdingo says:

Dear Dragon, I feel I have lost a very dear friend. I have truly enjoyed every issue of Dragon Laughs ever since I found you all those months ago. True, I didn’t always agree with what you said but I never regretted you saying it. May you be blessed in your life and be successful in whatever you endeavor to do in your life. You will be missed, there is no doubt.
    The Dingo

3. kelevadom says:

Does this mean that I now have to keep all the dragons to myself? Boo-Hiss

Seriously, having been through many downturns in my own life and knowing how I’ve been impacted, your decision is totally understood. I wish you both much love, luck, and healing in all your endeavors. I do like Rd’s suggestion; perhaps you will consider taking it to heart. Too many good lists have fallen by the wayside lately because of lack of desire and/or time, too much b*tchin’ on subscriber’s parts, and the final reason: death. I miss them all. I’ll still keep doing my lists; let me know if you want them sent to either of you.
    Hugs,
    Toni (tzs13@….)

4. Chuck (Bulldog) says:

Bravo Zulu…gonna miss my daily fix of humor. You will hear no objections if an occational issue shows up from time to time if things change.

5. dave hammack sr says:

you both will be misted

6. Rick says:

Sorry to hear that. I looked forward to seeing your daily posts. Best of luck to both of you for whatever you do next.

7. Rd says:

how about a wkly issue and holiday issues too
    ill miss you guys in my in box
    best of luck in the future
    Rd

8. Dan from NYC says:

Thanks for the great ride, you will be sorely missed! Do get on to taking care of yourself and enjoying all those grandchildren. If you find it makes sense, touch base once in awhile and let us know how you are. The list is one thing, friendship another.

All the best,
    Dan from NYC

9. Steve Hodges says:

I for one, will miss your brilliant sense of humor. I always looked forward to your posts. Enjoy your free time.

10. Dallen Delk says:

The Impish Dragon,
    I am truly sorry to see you leave. I haven’t interacted much (other than laughing, crying and getting mad with you), but your email is one I always longed for each day. As on who works two jobs to keep the table full and the roof under repair, I understand the need to reduce the load in order to keep priorities straight. I and my family will keep you in our prayers, even if occasionally its a selfish prayer for your return.
    Dallen

11. Chris says:

I will miss you! THANKS!

12. Jerry Moore says:

It is sad to see an end to both Impish and Lethal post. The ending of an era is always sad, especially when it ends the posting of common sense and humor. Too few tell it like it is anymore.
    Would welcome any contact from both in the future, even one of your rants :>)

13. Laurie Freeman says:

Goodbye, Dragon. Sob, cry, sniff.~

14. lynn fux says:

Bye,love you ,Lynn

15. lynn fux says:

Oy,I hardly know what to say,but as long as this makes your lives easier than I am happy and consider myself very fortunate and priveliged for all the wonderful laughs and ideas thru the years. I hope you will visit if and when the mood strikes. All my love and the very best wishes for the future. Lynn I wish I was Jonathan and getting to see yall.!!!!! Shalom Chavereem shel li

16. Pat Fields says:

You will be truly missed.
    I do hope now and then you will get in touch with your followers
    on Dragon Laffs. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as
    you go forward, prioritizing the things in your life.

17. Danny says:

Thank you for all the good stuff. I have thoroughly enjoyed Dragon Laffs through the years and for that I am profoundly grateful. Good luck.

18. gailwynds331 says:

good luck and know that you will be missed

19. Larry says:

Very sorry to hear this news. have been looking forward to your issues for several months now and greatly enjoy them… You will be missed. I wish you the best in all your future edeavors. Larry

20. Pat C says:

I know the stresses of having a job and family and some of the illnesses that can overcome us.
    I am also sorry to see this end,but reality is, all good things must come to an end sometime.
    My best wishes for you and your family , may your life be long and may you prosper in what ever you do.
    Most of my views go along the same lines as yours and Lethal. I may not have contributed to your blog ,I am not that good a writer.
    God bless you , you will be missed

21. dee65 says:

I’m so sorry to hear that your not going to do this anymore! I have truly enjoyed each and every one of the Dragon Laughs.
    But your health and your family turly does com first and with open heart and deep sorrow I will miss you! But we do have to understand and I hope that at sometime you will write a book of all the good things that Dragon Laughs ment to you!
    With Best Wishes and Keep Laughing!

22. Jonathon says:

To my friend Bob The Impish Dragon,
    I understand and have actually seen this day coming. I know of the challenges that you are faced with and you know you and your family can count on me for support.
    I have been really, really happy to have seen this project of yours take off so wonderfully, and I know the happiness it brought you to put this together – and I know the pain it is causing you to walk away… I’ve been here since (nearly) the beginning, and I will be here for you guys for a long time to come.
    I have time off coming up very soon, I am making a trip over to see you.
    Your friend,
    Jonathon

23. Kris says:

Thank you for the many years of laughs you’ve given us, Dragon. God Bless. Kris

24. cloie says:

hI DRAGON;
    Of course we understand your decision, whether its nice for us or not.
    Hope that things work out for you and in time you will return to the web off and on to let us know how things are going. take care and god bless. cloie

25. alan says:

Hey Dragon, i just want to say that i’m really P***ed off with your decision. But I won’t. I just want to thank you for the many hours of fun you’ve given me, and probably many others, with this list. It’s one of the few which guaranteed a good laugh.
    Of course we understand your decision, whether its nice for us or not.
    We shouldn’t moan about what we’re going to be missing, we should just be grateful for what we have had. And I am. Thanks again for the good times and good luck in the future.
    Alfi (holland)

26. thecuzjr says:

You will be missed! You provided quite afew laughs and some new ideas which created many hours of thought on my end! Even if I did not agree with you! Take care and stay in touch!
    Jerry

27. eric schofield says:

you will be sorely missed, not just by the people you directly touched, but to all the people those people touch, hell, you taught me how to cut and paste… fly safely my dragon friend, may tour skies always be clear and all the knights steer clear of you… and not to many virging… you know what the dr told you about them!! so long my friend!
    brat prince