A Dragon Update

Good Afternoon my dear friends.
Young thug dragon to fit headerAs you were told by my buddy Lethal on Wednesday, I have gone through my knee replacement surgery and have come out the other side.  It was a difficult time.  I’m not sure that Lethal told you the whole story of everything that happened while getting ready for the surgery, while in the hospital and getting back to the lair.  What with the assassins on the roof, the explosions and the traitorous staff members that were weeded out, even up to the last day, it was, to say the least, a bit exciting.
Some of you may have even heard the story that Mrs. Dragon was responsible for hiring some of the assassins, but when confronted, she was heard to say, “Why would I need assassins?”
Exciting times.
Anyway, I thought some of you might want to see what was taken out of my knee from the surgery back in January.  So here is what the parts of the Partial Knee Replacement look like:
3h

Not sure I have the parts put together exactly right, and thinking about it the top piece may be assembled currently 180° out.  I don’t know, doesn’t really matter, you get the idea.

I don’t have a picture of what is currently inside of me, because, well, because for the obvious reason, it’s INSIDE of me. LOL.  But it should look something like this:
3j

Pretty cool, huh?
Anyway, if you are squeamish at all, you might ignore this next picture.  The one on the left is right after surgery and the one on the right is today.  Not much difference between the two from what I can see.  But it is gnarly enough looking, right?  And yes, the incision is curved that way on purpose, so he could follow the scar from the last surgery.

3i

For anyone who’s interested, I can continue to update photos and x-rays as I get them and you can follow along with my healing.  And yeah, before you ask, it hurts a bit more than it looks like it does.  lol.

And now, how about some comics to finish us out, just so we can all get a laugh out of these updates…
5b

5c

And how about the subliminal messaging involved in THIS picture?
5d

5e

709

712

713

714

715

716

717

718

And with that, I’m going to call it a night…since it’s now nighttime and I started this several hours ago.  Harder than it looks folks.  lol.

Cheers Dragon

9 Responses to A Dragon Update

1. lethalleprechaun says:

Dude I have a two word explanation as to why Mrs. Dragon would use assassins to do you in…plausible denyability

2. Henry says:

Quite your whining, suck it up, walk it off, “O” Merry Christmas

3. Leah Diane Hanson says:

I am supposed to have mine done … I’m rethinking it after your photos.
    when did All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth” change to “replacing my knee”?

4. The Retired Dingo says:

My wife has had total knee replacement surgery on both knees. Once she got through the rehab she was totally happy with the results. I wish you a very speedy recovery and a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

5. Chuck says:

Glad to see you back home!!! Take your meds and get some rest. Wishing you and the girls a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Tammye and I

6. Ginny says:

Ouch….that hurts just looking at it. I’m thinking it’s going to leave one freaking scar…lol Looks like the surgeon was sewing up a turkey! Wishing you and your dragonettes a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and HEALTHY New Year.

7. Dale says:

I know the torture the rehab brings after this surgery….but keep with it and you will be amazed at the difference. My husband had both knees done and he could bend his knee back to well he could almost touch his fanny….and no pain. Wish only the best for you!!!

8. kelevadom says:

Speedy recovery, sir! It’s a shame that you had to go through it twice on the same knee; I feel for you.
    Take care,