Good Morning Campers! This has been one ridiculous week weather-wise. 61º F on Monday, beautiful day. By Friday, wind-chill of -20ºF. That’s a difference of 81º.
Gee, I wonder why everyone is sick?
I just don’t understand.
Former Mayor of New York, Ed Koch dies at 88.
You either loved him or hated him, but everyone will admit he was one hell of a memorable mayor. Ed, you will be missed.
The Superbowl is tomorrow. I suppose if you are a Baltimore or San Fran fan, it will be an exciting time. However…. well… check out today’s Last Word for another side of the Superbowl.
Now, let’s get into today’s issue and …
A teacher goes around her class asking each of the kids what do they need at home?
Joey says “A computer.” The teacher replies, “That would be very useful.”
Jimmy says “A new lawn mower.” and gets a similar response.
Little Johnny pops up and says, “At my house we don’t need nothing!”
The teacher asks him to think again carefully, as everybody needs something.
Little Johnny replies, “No I’m sure. When Obama was re-elected,
I remember my dad saying,
‘Well, that’s the last fucking thing we needed.’”
Some REALLY interesting information here! Very surprising.
PIMP: A crack salesman; a nookie bookie.
The Top Ten Country & Western Songs
10. I Hate Every Bone In Her Body But Mine.
9. I’ve Never Gone To Bed With an Ugly Woman. But I Woke Up With a Few.,
8. If The Phone Don’t Ring … You’ll Know It’s Me.
7. I’ve Missed You ……. But, My Aim’s Improvin.
6. I wouldn’t Take Her To A Dogfight, Cause I’m Scared She’d Win.
5. I’m So Miserable Without You, It’s Like You’re Still Here.
4. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Still Miss Him.
3. She Took My Ring, and Gave Me the Finger.
2. She’s Lookin’ Better with Every Glass Of Beer.
And The Number One Country & Western Song Is ..
1. It’s Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass Out All Day.
Fishing is a lot like dating – some you throw back, some you keep, some you mount and some you eat
Chinese hackers repeatedly penetrated The New York Times’ computer systems over the past four months, stealing reporters’ passwords and hunting for files on an investigation into the wealth amassed by the family of a top Chinese leader, the newspaper reported Thursday. For more on this story follow the link below!
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/31/new-york-times-say-its-computer-networks-were-repeatedly-hacked-by-chinese/#ixzz2JapO1di9
For several years now, there has been a stir around Superbowl time about Madden Football predicting the outcome of the games. For those of you who don’t know (and I can’t imagine there are that many of you) Madden NFL 2003 through 2013 is a video game that uses all available information to give the most realistic game play year after year. Anyway, since 2004, they have run a simulation of the Superbowl using the latest game in the series and announced the result. They have successfully predicted the last 7 out of the 9 Superbowls. Of the two that he got wrong, they involved wildcard teams winning the Superbowl.
Here’s a quick summary of the games and the predictions:
- 2004: Patriots 23, Panthers 20 (Actual score: Patriots 32, Panthers 29)
- 2005: Patriots 47, Eagles 31 (Actual score: Patriots 24, Eagles 21)
- 2006: Steelers 24, Seahawks 19 (Actual score: Steelers 21, Seahawks 10)
- 2007: Colts 38, Bears 27 (Actual score: Colts 29, Bears 17)
- 2008: Patriots 38, Giants 30 (Actual score: Giants 17, Patriots 14)
- 2009: Steelers 28, Cardinals 24 (Actual score: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23)
- 2010: Saints 35, Colts 31 (Actual score: Saints 31, Colts 17)
- 2011: Steelers 24, Packers 20 (Actual score: Packers 31, Steelers 25)
- 2012: Giants 27, Patriots 24 (Actual score: Giants 21, Patriots 17)
And what prediction do they make for tomorrow’s game? Well, how about we look at some of the other people’s predictions and Vegas odds.
The San Francisco 49ers are favored to win their sixth Super Bowl title by 3½ points over the Baltimore Ravens, according to the folks over at Odds Shark.
From the Betvega website:
49ERS – RAVENS 2013 SUPER BOWL BETTING LINE:
And what does the Madden NFL game predict?
2013: Ravens 27, 49ers 24
And according to some that I’ve talked to, Why should we even bother watching if we already know the answer? Well, as you can see, there are some differing opinions as to who is going to win. But, what if you really aren’t interested in watching, either for the game or for the commercials? Here’s an alternate that has the DL&LL Electronic Media LLP stamp of approval.