Dragon Laffs #1639

Sad Header

I don’t feel much like laughing this week.  In fact, I find myself in tears with little or no warning far more often than I’d like.  My heart aches and my soul hurts.

It doesn’t help that I’ve been deeply sick with the flu since Wednesday of last week.  I went to work Monday and Tuesday of this week, but was so miserable and afraid of getting everyone else sick that today, Wednesday, I stayed home.

And while I’m sitting here, I get a message that my father, Papa Dragon Most Senior, had a heart-attack last night.  And before anyone gets too upset, it seems as though he will be just fine.  (Update on Friday: Dad had a heart cath on Thursday morning and had not quite emergency surgery on Thursday night.  He needed triple bypass surgery last night but as of this morning is doing quite well.)

But, come on!  I’ve had enough!  I know I said that 2019 was going to be our best year yet, but did the world have to take a huge dump on me SO quickly?

But, I remember Dragon Laffs motto: Fighting the World’s Bull-shit, One Laff At A Time, and I realize that it’s not just the motto for the website, it’s something that I try to live by every day of my life.

And I start remembering the fun times we’ve had.  There weren’t that many, to be brutally honest, but there were some and those are the things I need to cling to.  Those are the memories I need to, and DO, cherish.

She has been fighting demons of her own making for many, many years, and now that fight is over.  Now she can rest.

Many of you have sent so many wonderful messages to me and my family and for that I am unspeakably grateful.  I can feel your love and support even now.

I do want to share a comment from my brother Lethal, that made me cry when I read it and now again as I’m putting it here, but it is so appropriate, I want to share with you all in case you didn’t read it in the comments:

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die. – Mary Elizabeth Frye – 1932

Eternal rest, grant unto her O Lord
and let perpetual light shine upon her.

May she rest in peace. Amen.

May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

Thank you my brother, I know that Mary answered you as she did most, if not all, the rest of you, she has been my strength this last week.

I will be saying good bye to my daughter on Wednesday, 23 January, she would have not quite reached her 41st birthday.

Thank you all for all your love and support, and thank you for allowing me to share my emotions here with you.  I will (hopefully) be back next week with more laffs, but for now, I’ll enjoy the love and warmth of you while I remember the happy times with her.

Valarie, you are loved and you will be missed.

16 Responses to Dragon Laffs #1639

1. Hank Hoeksema says:

Deepest sympathy to you

2. James Churchill says:

Well…that fucking sucks!

Seriously, I shed a tear for you.

You aren’t alone. Lots of people are thinking of you, and (I hope they are like me) sending positive energy,

3. Jerrell Helms says:

I didn’t cry when my Father passed. I didn’t cry when my sister passed. I didn’t cry when my Mother passed. My brother passed in March of 2018 and I still cry at a whim. I have not lost a child. I can not even imagine that pain. My prayers are with you.

4. maggie says:

Condolences on the loss of your Sister,,, prayers forthcoming for you and your family. Many for the swift recovery of Papa Dragon. We all join you in your sorrow. May much Peace and Love come your way, along with the many friends you have gathered here.

5. Deborah says:

My heart breaks for you, may God comfort you in your sorrow.

6. Danny Manger says:

Deepest condolences. Take some time to heal. Hope to hear from you when you can laff again.

7. kris says:

I keep typing & retyping words that I feel would be comforting. I’ve come to the conclusion that there really are no words. So, please, know that I am sorry for the loss of your daughter (she may finally be at peace but it’s still a loss to those left behind) & pray that Papa Dragon Most Senior makes a full recovery.

8. Dale says:

Keeping you and your family in my prayers. So much to hit you at once. Remember the good times. Know you will always miss them…but they will always be in your heart.

9. lethalleprechaun says:

My love (and support) go with you always my brother.

Tell poppa dragon most senior that he needs to admit his age and show his vast wisdom by using a golf cart to chase women from now on!

10. Dan Niepoth says:

may    PEASE  peasEEEEE   be  with   YOU

11. Verlyn Stewart says:

Bless you and your family, prayer too you.

12. Henry says:

I pray for you.

13. Jonathon says:

Condolences and love to you and your family, brother. I’m so glad your father is doing much better!

14. sympathies to you says:

It sure has been a rough stretch for you, my heart goes out to you. May God give you the strength to endure. May peace be restores to your soul

15. Peter. says:

Love your site !!! Hang in there, best wishes from Brisbane, Australia !!!

16. Ginny. says:

Sending my love and thoughts to you and your family. Valerie will always remain within your hearts,