Well I see far fewer faces in the audience this morning. Now doubt many people are staying up late watching the Olympics which in turns cuts into their morning coffee time when they elect to hit that old snooze button two or three times because they were up so late the night before.
We here at DL-LL Electronic Media Enterprises are even getting into the Olympic coverage by covering the results of a barely known event later on in the issue for you.
SO before the rest of you doze off or think about checking your Olympics Coverage App for the results of the marathon standing in line for tickets event lets get this ball rolling shall we?
Under the Table
A man and a beautiful woman were having dinner in a fine restaurant. Their waitress (taking another order at a table a few paces away) suddenly noticed that the man was slowing sliding down his chair and under the table, but the woman acted unconcerned.
The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out of sight under the table until he was completely covered by the tablecloth.
Still, the woman dining across from him appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware that her dining companion had disappeared.
After the waitress finished taking the order, she came over to the table and said to the woman, “Pardon me, ma’am, but I think your husband just slid under the table.”
“Oh, but I’m not his wife,” the woman said, still perfectly calm. “His wife just walked in the door.”
40 Weird Facts About The United States That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe
In case you hadn’t noticed, the United States is a really weird place. Not that “weird” is always bad. Sometimes “weird” can keep life interesting. But without a doubt, the United States is one of the most unique nations in the history of the world. Some of the weird facts about the United States listed below may be difficult for you to believe. Others are likely to completely shock you. Hopefully there is a little something for everyone in this article. In general, everything tends to be larger in America. The people are larger, the cars are larger, the divorce rate is the highest on the planet and the U.S. government has piled up the largest debt in the history of the world. Whether America does something good or bad, it usually does it in a very “big” way. It is easy to love the United States and all the good that it has done, but it is also easy to be horrified by how far this nation has fallen and by the direction that this country is currently headed. So where does America go from here? That is a very good question.
The following are 40 weird facts about the United States that are almost too crazy to believe….
#1 The highest point in the state of Florida is only 345 feet (115 yards) above sea level.
#2 Today, 66 percent of all Americans are considered to be overweight.
#4 The average supermarket in the United States wastes about 3,000 pounds of food each year.
#5 Approximately 48 percent of all Americans are currently either considered to be “low income” or are living in poverty.
#6 Alaska has a longer coastline than all of the other 49 U.S. states put together.
#7 In the UK, an average of about $3,500 is spent on healthcare per person each year. In the United States, an average of about $8,500 is spent on healthcare per person each year.
#8 Montana has three times as many cows as it does people.
#9 The average U.S. citizen drinks the equivalent of more than 600 sodaseach year.
#10 The only place in the United States where coffee is grown commercially is in Hawaii.
#11 The United States has 845 motor vehicles for every 1,000 people. Japan only has 593 for every 1,000 people and Germany only has 540 for every 1,000 people.
#12 The grizzly bear is the official state animal of California. But no grizzly bears have been seen there since 1922.
#14 Jimmy Carter was the first U.S. president to have been born in a hospital.
#16 Today, approximately 25 million American adults are living with their parents.
#17 One survey found that 25 percent of all employees that have Internet access in the United States visit pornography websites while they are at work.
#18 In 2011, our trade deficit with China was more than 49,000 times largerthan it was back in 1985.
#19 One out of every seven Americans has at least 10 credit cards.
#20 The city of Juneau, Alaska is about 3,000 square miles large. It is actually bigger than the entire state of Delaware.
#21 The United States puts a higher percentage of its population in prisonthan any other nation on earth does.
#22 There are more unemployed workers in the United States than there are people living in the entire nation of Greece.
#23 The original name of the city of Atlanta was “Terminus“.
#24 Sadly, more than 52 percent of all children that live in Cleveland, Ohio are living in poverty.
#25 The median price of a home in the city of Detroit is now about $6000.
#27 According to author Paul Osterman, about 20 percent of all U.S. adults are currently working jobs that pay poverty-level wages.
#28 According to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, approximately 167,000 Americans have more than $200,000 of student loan debt.
#29 There are three towns in the United States that have the name “Santa Claus“.
#30 There are 313 million people living in the United States. 46 million of them are on food stamps.
#31 In the United States as a whole, one out of every four children is on food stamps.
#32 In 1940, 68.0% of all women in the 20 to 34 year old age group in the United States were married. In 2010, only 39.2% of women in that age group were married.
#33 The United States has a teen pregnancy rate of 22 percent – the highest in the world. New Zealand is number two at 14 percent.
#34 According to the CDC, there are 19 million new cases of syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia in the United States every single year.
#35 The United States has the highest divorce rate on the globe by a wide margin. Puerto Rico is number two. Perhaps Puerto Rico really would fit in as the 51st state.
#36 More people have been diagnosed with mental disorders in the United States than in any other nation on earth.
#37 The United States has more government debt per capita than Greece, Portugal, Italy, Ireland or Spain.
#38 If Bill Gates gave every single penny of his fortune to the U.S. government, it would only cover the U.S. budget deficit for about 15 days.
#39 The U.S. national debt is now more than 22 times larger than it was when Jimmy Carter became president.
#40 It took from the founding of the nation until 1981 for the U.S. national debt to cross the one trillion dollar mark. Today, our national debt is well over 15 trillion dollars and we add more than a trillion dollars to our debt every single year.
I was sitting at a long stoplight yesterday, minding my own business, patiently waiting for it to turn green even though there was no on-coming traffic..
A carload of bearded, young, loud Muslims, shouting anti-American slogans, with a half- burned American Flag duct taped on the trunk of their car and a “Remember 9-11” slogan spray painted on the side, was stopped next to me.
Suddenly they yelled, “Allahu akbar!” and took off before the light changed. Out of nowhere an 18-wheeler came speeding through the intersection and ran directly over their car, crushing it completely and killing everyone in it.
For several minutes I sat in my car thinking to myself, “Man…that could have been me!”
S0 today, bright and early, I went out and got a job as a truck driver.
FTC Wants Consumers To Be Able To Block ALL Third-Party Charges On Cell Phones
July 23, 2012 By FTC
In response to a request by the Federal Communications Commission for comment, the Federal Trade Commission said that the “cramming” of unauthorized charges on wireless phone bills poses a serious problem for American consumers. The FTC said in its comment that wireless providers should be required to give customers the option to block all third-party charges from their bills.
The FTC has extensive experience protecting consumers against the cramming of unauthorized charges on their landline telephone bills through aggressive law enforcement actions, and has advocated for reforms to eliminate landline cramming. With regard to wireless cramming, the comment notes, in the past few years the FTC and FCC have reviewed thousands of complaints about unauthorized third-party charges on wireless bills. The number of reported complaints undoubtedly understates the full extent of wireless cramming by a substantial amount.
“Mobile cramming is likely to continue to grow as cramming schemes expand beyond the landline platform and mobile phones are more commonly used for payments,” the comment states.
Many of the complaints involve recurring charges of just under $10 a month for “premium services” that provide trivia or horoscope information by text message to a consumer’s phone, the comment states. Consumers often report receiving a text message informing them of a subscription to a service of which they have never heard and that they never requested.
You can read the rest of the article here: http://ctwatchdog.com/finance/ftc-wants-consumers-to-be-able-to-block-all-third-party-charges-on-cell-phones if you are so inclined. For the sake of brevity we’ll just skip here to the other important part of the article:
The Federal Trade Commission works for consumers to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices and to provide information to help spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint in English
or Spanish, visit the FTC’s online Complaint Assistant or call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357). The FTC enters complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to more than 2,000 civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad. The FTC’s website provides free information on a variety of consumer topics. Like the FTC on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to press releases for the latest FTC news and resources.
It’s summer time which means vacation time which means trips away from home and staying on hotels, motels and what ever else have yous where most people will joyfully avail themselves of free WiFi to stay connected to their friends & family etc. While you are doing just that, unless you are very careful hackers will be as joyfully availing themselves of access to your computer as well.
Think I’m just crying wolf? Ask Impish, he was the one that got me started on this posting as he was complaining about being signed in to 2 different public WiFi systems on his recent business jaunt and the amount of malware he was removing on a daily basis!
Crooks Prey on Hotel Internet Connections
May 10th, 2012 by Matt Liebowitz, SecurityNewsDaily Staff Writer
If you’ve ever taken a laptop on a work trip, here’s some troubling news: The FBI and national cybercrime agencies are warning people traveling abroad to be wary of shady scammers planting malware via insecure hotel Internet connections.
In an advisory issued yesterday (May 8), the Internet Crime Complaint Center(IC3) notes that malware perpetrators are masking their cybercrime weapons as popup software updates travelers see when setting up their Internet connections. (The IC3 is a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center, and funded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance.)
“The popup window appeared to be offering a routine update to a legitimate software product for which updates are frequently available,” the IC3 explained. “If the user clicked to accept and install the update, malicious software was installed on the laptop.”
To mitigate the threat of contracting a harmful virus on your personal computer, or your company laptop, the FBI recommends that “all government, private industry and academic personnel who travel abroad take extra caution before updating software on their hotel Internet connection.”
The FBI advises travelers to perform software updates immediately before traveling, and to download software updates only from vendors’ websites.
Now THAT is something best saved for Halloween!
Something a little different today, instead of encouraging you to sit at your computer and waste time this time waster shows you how to get out and about and waste up to an entire day in your local area! Radical idea I know but every once in a while you just got to get out of your hermit’s cave for a few hours ( in Impish’s case so they can sanitize it and keep the smell down)
Do you want to be at the epicenter of culture? There are plenty of vibrant cities around the globe, but some of them are in a league of their own.
Similarly, there are more city guides than there are cities, but a few stand apart. Unlike is an online city guide dedicated to collecting only the best locales in only the coolest cities.
You’ll find in-depth reviews and recommendations for museums, restaurants, nightlife and more in 18 of the planet’s hippest places. You’ll find local favorites, famous hotspots and under-the-radar hangouts.
Each city also has guides for how to fill out a day around town. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day of shopping or a wild night of partying, Unlike has your ticket.
Police work must be entertaining as well as dangerous.
Recently, a female police officer arrested Patrick Lawrence, 22 year old white male, fornicating with a pumpkin in the middle of the night.
The next day, Lawrence was charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency and public intoxication.
The suspect explained that as he was passing a pumpkin patch on his way home from a drinking session when he decided to stop, ‘You know how a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around for miles or at least I thought there wasn’t anyone around’ he stated.
Lawrence went on to say that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purpose, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his pressing need. ‘Guess I was really into it, you know?’ he commented with evident embarrassment.
In the process of doing the deed, Lawrence failed to notice an approaching police car and was unaware of his audience until Officer Brenda Taylor approached him.
‘It was an unusual situation, that’s for sure,’ said Officer Taylor. ‘I walked up to Lawrence and he’s just banging away at this pumpkin.’
Officer Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Lawrence ..
‘I said: ‘Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you’re having sex with a pumpkin??’
He froze and was clearly very surprised that I was there, and then he looked me straight in the face and said: ‘A pumpkin? Shit … Is it midnight already?’
The Washington Post wrote an article describing this as ‘Best come-back line ever.’
Most seniors, as well as younger folks, might be interested in this site…
I accidentally found this porn site (after looking half the night).
I feel that you’re old enough and mature enough to handle this.
Check it out, you will not be disappointed, but one must be patient as we all have learned throughout our sex lives…
1. Thou shalt give top priority to those who are with you.
Listen intently when you are with friends, family members and coworkers. When you constantly check messages, you send the message that other people and things are more important to you.
2. Thou shalt not be distracted.
For safety’s sake, don’t text or engage in voice calls while driving. For the same reason, don’t let texting or voice calls distract you while walking in busy public spaces. Texting-while-walking mishaps have become such a serious problem that cities are starting to issue tickets.
3. Do not shout on the sidewalk.
It’s OK to take a call when you’re on the street. But try to keep your voice down. If you have to shout to be heard above the background noise, you should call back later.
4. Thou shalt not make private matters public.
Don’t discuss private matters in public. Remember never to text anything that is private, confidential or potentially embarrassing. Messages can be forwarded and shared with hundreds of others in seconds – and often are.
5. Do unto others as briefly as possible.
Remember that you have a captive, unsympathetic audience when you’re in a carpool or using public transportation. Only make or take a call if it’s essential. And when you absolutely must talk, keep the call short.
6. Learn how to turn that thing completely off as soon as you get it out of the box.
Then please do turn it off whenever you are in a church, a restaurant, a library, at a movie, concert, at a play – and even in a meeting.
7. Use headphones correctly.
Use headphones whenever playing games or watching videos. Get a pair of snug-fitting headphones – and wear them. There’s nothing worse than hearing sound spilling from loose-fitting earbuds. And it’s basic good manners to remove your headphones when someone is trying to speak to you.
8. Do not cause light pollution.
Lighting up a darkened environment, such as a train at night, with your jumbo tablet screen is inconsiderate. Others usually don’t really care if you ask nicely first. When in public, turn screen brightness down as a courtesy.
9. Share only with permission.
Sharing pictures of current locations is a great way to update friends and family members. Don’t take photos of strangers, however, without permission – and never post pictures of strangers on social media sites.
10. Exercise good taste.
Keep the content on your screen at a General Audiences level. Don’t call up risqué videos, photos and websites in public areas.
Get your very own downloadable & printable .pdf copy in 2 sizes here: http://www.komando.com/mobilemanners/
A Lethal and Impish are on vacation in the North woods.
The Lethal says, “ Have you read Marx?”
Impish answers, “ Yes. I think it’s because of these whicker chairs.”
Diaman MIGHT be the “Pun Queen” but I’m still the King, even Impish groaned in pain when her heard these 2!
A story I told Tony about Impish and I playing a round of Golf was obviously the inspiration for this cartoon. In my version though it was an inbound flight of Dragons after they had alleged spent the night binging on Black Bean Burritos.
Too, To, Two Dumb
TV station WNDU in South Bend, Indiana, reported on a new study of U.S. schools. Are classes too easy? Here’s how they reported it on-air:
As the anchor reported the story on 11 July 2012, the on-screen caption noted:
‘SCHOOL TWO EASY FOR KIDS’
Apparently station employees are victims of the same school system.
[Yes, its a real actual honest to God buy it over the counter legal shot gun. That is the KSG (Kel-Tec Shotgun) by Kel-Tec. Yes, I have one on order. They are a bit pricey and right now hard to get (long lead time) but it offers several superior features in both a home defense as well as ‘End of Days’ weapon that are making me replace my Remington Model 870 Special Purpose Marine Magnum 12 Ga. with it. Things like it holding 12- 3” magnum shells in its selectable dual tube magazines & its downward ejection of spent shells. See more on it here: http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/04/19/enough-gun-for-zombies-kel-tec-ksg-tactical-pump-shotgun/ and http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/shotguns/ksg/ ]
And that’s the God’s honest truth of the matter. IN FACT, if there was a third viable option, other than the two morons running at present, I probably would not be voting for Romney myself. Let’s face it the American voter is yet once again faced with the prospect of a ‘Dumb & Dumber ‘ situation with regard the the Presidential race and having to determine which is the lesser of the two evils we are faced with the prospect of having in the White House for the next 4 years.
Today were not talking reasons why you should elect Romney, but rather reasons why we should elect ANYONE other than Obama. I think I will be presenting some reason that should even make some of the more moderate liberals rethink their positions.
Only 3 Times..
In all the years since D-Day 1945, there are three occasions when a president failed to go to the D-Day Monument that honors the soldiers killed during the Invasion.
Only Three Times.
The occasions were:
1. Barack Obama 2010
2. Barack Obama 2011
3. Barack Obama 2012
For the past 68 years, all presidents, their Commander in Chief, except Obama, have paid tribute to the fallen soldiers killed on D-Day. This year, instead of honoring the soldiers, he made a campaign trip on Air Force One to California to raise funds for the upcoming election.
Now I know that this ‘pulled the pin’ on temper of a LOT of military veteran and currently serving personnel mine included. I in fact have seen some fairly profane (and linguistically creative) responses posted on many military boards with regards to this issue. This is to say nothing of the subject of his absence from Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day, another grave insult and serious sore spot with veterans and the families of veterans.
In my personal opinion the following is the best response covering the issue (even though it addresses only one of the incidents) by far and its not even profane or angry! It amazing that something with no vulgarity can be one of the most insulting and powerful messages to Obama that I have seen to date.
NOT RACIST…NOT VIOLENT…JUST NOT SILENT ANY MORE!
KEEP This One Going! Send it to all your friends.
And now…a word for all you religious types of the Christian persuasion out there regarding the President and his respect for you and the Bible (which can be argued is the American rough equivalent of the Koran)
I received this from reader K-Squared who noted “I have not checked each fact myself.” when I went to spot check the fact I was able to locate the original article from which the –mail was excerpted (citing sources in those little numbered hyperlinks after each statement)
Barton Calls Obama ‘America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U.S. President’
Is President Barack Obama America’s most “Biblically-hostile U.S. president?” This is the label that conservative historian David Barton has given Obama, as the nation continues its debate over the president’s controversial contraceptive mandate.
But for Barton, the situation transcends the current discussion about religious freedom and the Catholic Church, as the frequent guest on Glenn Beck’s radio and television shows develops his provocative argument in detail. He writes:
When one observes President Obama’s unwillingness to accommodate America’s four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate. He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical. And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.
Listed below in chronological order are
(1) numerous records of his attacks on Biblical persons or organizations;
(2) examples of the hostility toward Biblical faith that have become evident in the past three years in the Obama-led military;
(3) a listing of his open attacks on Biblical values; and finally
(4) a listing of numerous incidents of his preferential deference for Islam’s activities and positions, including letting his Islamic advisors guide and influence his hostility toward people of Biblical faith.
1. Acts of hostility toward people of Biblical faith:
- April 2008 – Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”1
- February 2009 – Obama announces plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their beliefs, and fully implements the plan in February 2011.2
- April 2009 – When speaking at Georgetown University, Obama orders that a monogram symbolizing Jesus’ name be covered when he is making his speech. 3
- May 2009 – Obama declines to host services for the National Prayer Day (a day established by federal law) at the White House. 4
- April 2009 – In a deliberate act of disrespect, Obama nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican; of course, the pro-life Vatican rejected all three. 5
- October 19, 2010 – Obama begins deliberately omitting the phrase about “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than seven occasions. 6
- November 2010 – Obama misquotes the National Motto, substituting “E pluribus unum” rather than “In God We Trust” as established by federal law.7
- January 2011 – After a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, but the Obama administration refused to allow the land to be transferred as required by law, and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court.8
- February 2011 – Although he filled posts in the State Department, for more than two years Obama did not fill the post of religious freedom ambassador, an official that works against religious persecution across the world; he filled it only after heavy pressure from the public and from Congress. 9
- April 2011 – For the first time in American history, Obama urges passage of a non-discrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring. 10
- August 2011 – The Obama administration releases its new health care rules that override religious conscience protections for medical workers in the areas of abortion and contraception.11
- November 2011 – Obama opposes inclusion of President Franklin Roosevelt’s famous D-Day Prayer in the WWII Memorial. 12
- November 2011 – Unlike previous presidents, Obama studiously avoids any religious references in his Thanksgiving speech.13
- December 2011 – The Obama administration denigrates other countries’ religious beliefs as an obstacle to radical homosexual rights. 14
- January 2012 – The Obama administration argues that the First Amendment provides no protection for churches and synagogues in hiring their pastors and rabbis. 15
- February 2012 – The Obama administration forgives student loans in exchange for public service, but announces it will no longer forgive student loans if the public service is related to religion. 16
2. Acts of hostility from the Obama-led military toward people of Biblical faith:
- June 2011 – The Department of Veterans Affairs forbids references to God and Jesus during burial ceremonies at Houston National Cemetery. 17
- August 2011 – The Air Force stops teaching the Just War theory to officers in California because the course is taught by chaplains and is based on a philosophy introduced by St. Augustine in the third century AD – a theory long taught by civilized nations across the world (except America). 18
- September 2011 – Air Force Chief of Staff prohibits commanders from notifying airmen of programs and services available to them from chaplains. 19
- September 2011 – The Army issues guidelines for Walter Reed Medical Center stipulating that“No religious items (i.e. Bibles, reading materials and/or facts) are allowed to be given away or used during a visit.” 20
- November 2011 – The Air Force Academy rescinds support for Operation Christmas Child, a program to send holiday gifts to impoverished children across the world, because the program is run by a Christian charity. 21
- November 2011 – The Air Force Academy pays $80,000 to add a Stonehenge-like worship center for pagans, druids, witches and Wiccans. 22
- February 2012 – The U. S. Military Academy at West Point disinvites three star Army general and decorated war hero Lieutenant General William G. (“Jerry”) Boykin (retired) from speaking at an event because he is an outspoken Christian. 23
- February 2012 – The Air Force removes “God” from the patch of Rapid Capabilities Office (the word on the patch was in Latin: Dei).24
- February 2012 – The Army orders Catholic chaplains not to read a letter to parishioners that their archbishop asked them to read.25
3. Acts of hostility toward Biblical values:
- January 2009 – Obama lifts restrictions on U.S. government funding for groups that provide abortion services or counseling abroad, forcing taxpayers to fund pro-abortion groups that either promote or perform abortions in other nations.26
- January 2009 – President Obama’s nominee for deputy secretary of state asserts that American taxpayers are required to pay for abortions and that limits on abortion funding are unconstitutional. 27
- March 2009 – The Obama administration shut out pro-life groups from attending a White House-sponsored health care summit. 28
- March 2009 – Obama orders taxpayer funding of embryonic stem cell research. 29
- March 2009 – Obama gave $50 million for the UNFPA, the UN population agency that promotes abortion and works closely with Chinese population control officials who use forced abortions and involuntary sterilizations.30
- May 2009 – The White House budget eliminates all funding for abstinence-only education and replaces it with “comprehensive” sexual education, repeatedly proven to increase teen pregnancies and abortions.31 He continues the deletion in subsequent budgets. 32
- May 2009 – Obama officials assemble a terrorism dictionary calling pro-life advocates violent and charging that they use racism in their “criminal” activities. 33
- July 2009 – The Obama administration illegally extends federal benefits to same-sex partners of Foreign Service and Executive Branch employees, in direction violation of the federal Defense of Marriage Act. 34
- September 16, 2009 – The Obama administration appoints as EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum, who asserts that society should “not tolerate” any “private beliefs,” including religious beliefs, if they may negatively affect homosexual “equality.” 35
- July 2010 – The Obama administration uses federal funds in violation of federal law to get Kenya to change its constitution to include abortion. 36
- August 2010 – The Obama administration Cuts funding for 176 abstinence education programs.37
- September 2010 – The Obama administration tells researchers to ignore a judge’s decisionstriking down federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.38
- February 2011 – Obama directs the Justice Department to stop defending the federal Defense of Marriage Act.39
- March 2011 – The Obama administration refuses to investigate videos showing Planned Parenthood helping alleged sex traffickers get abortions for victimized underage girls.40
- July 2011 – Obama, against advice from senior officers, allows homosexuals to serve openly in the military, reversing a policy originally instituted by George Washington in March 1778.41
- September 2011 – The Pentagon, against advice from senior officers, directs that military chaplains may perform same-sex marriages at military facilities in violation of the federal Defense of Marriage Act. 42
- October 2011 – The Obama administration eliminates federal grants to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops for their extensive programs that aid victims of human trafficking because the Catholic Church is anti-abortion.43
4. Acts of preferentialism for Islam:
- May 2009 – While Obama does not host any National Day of Prayer event at the White House, he does host White House Iftar dinners in honor of Ramadan ( a Islamic Holy Month). 44
- April 2010 – Christian leader Franklin Graham is disinvited from the Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer Event because of complaints from the Muslim community. 45
- April 2010 – The Obama administration requires rewriting of government documents and a change in administration vocabularyto remove terms that are deemed offensive to Muslims, including jihad, jihadists, terrorists, radical Islamic, etc. 46
- August 2010 – Obama speaks with great praise of Islam and condescendingly of Christianity. 47
- August 2010 – Obama went to great lengths to speak out on multiple occasions on behalf of building an Islamic mosque at Ground Zero, while at the same time he was silent about a Christian church being denied permission to rebuild at that location. 48
- 2010 – While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha. 49
- October 2011 – Obama’s Muslim advisers block Middle Eastern Christians’ access to the White House. 50
- February 2012 – The Obama administration makes effulgent apologies for Korans being burned by the U. S. military, 51but when Bibles were burned by the military, numerous reasons were offered why it was the right thing to do.52
Many of these actions are unprecedented – this is the first time they have happened in four centuries of American history. The hostility of President Obama toward Biblical faith and values is without equal from any previous American president. If he has penalized Christians this much in 3/4th of his first term, just imagine how much further he will be able to turn toward Islam if he is allowed another term.
This needs to be sent to every God-fearing person you know.
So lets sum up shall we? It’s already a given that Obama has no respect or regard for the Constitution from previous documentable actions on his part. The 85% of people who are against Obamacare shows that he doesn’t give a rat’s ass about what “We the People” are telling him.
He apparently also has no respect for the Armed Forces he is in command of and no problem with taking credit for their heroic and brave actions ( the killing of Osama bin Laden comes to mind)
Finally is has quietly but insistently been giving the finger to the entire American Christian population and it’s inherent values upon which the founding fathers based this country.
I can understand why the serving Military has kept quiet about this, they have to, both because regulations under the UCMJ require it and because any talk about support for a challenger to his position could be interpreted as a prelude to a coup d’etat.
Veterans have had a decent track record of challenging Obama’s Administration on their liberal disrespect of Vets as it relates to religious rights but the liberal lame-o media see that this doesn’t get much air time outside the local area where the offense is occurring. If it does manage national attention they seem to do their level best to downplay it and then kill it from the news cycle as fast as possible.
The thing that I really want to know is why the Catholic Church is not screaming fire and brimstone laden condemnation from the pulpit every Sunday about how we need to be rid of this Demonic Liberal Anti Christ! Seriously folks, no kidding here.
The only respect they usually have for “separation of church and state” is a one way street revolving around the government trying to tell them they have to do anything the rest of the employers in the US have to do and avoiding being taxed as a corporation. When it comes to attempting to regulate you and my life according to their religious beliefs they have no compunction about trampling that separation as much and as often as it suits them. So why then are they so deafeningly silent now?
Where is the Papal condemnation of Obama for his flagrant disrespect of the largest religion in the US? Why are the Reverends Jackson and Sharpton so silent over Obama’s behavior? IN general all three weigh in regularly regardless of the appropriateness of doing so with regard to the weight of the situation or its directly affecting their sphere of concern. Yet here when their sphere of concern IS threatened you can hear the crickets and buzzing of mosquitoes over their comments they are so silent!
The same goes for all the black Baptist preachers that rallied to Obama’s Campaign in 2008. Where are they now? They have seen the Hope & Change, the damage and disrespect of America, Our Military, Our dominant National Religion, the Bible our Social & Moral values and the kowtowing to Muslims and foreigners first hand, yet they too are silent. No a peep of protest one single solitary sermon on condemnation of the Incumbent Presidential Candidate, at least of any weight or consequence.
Past actions by these religious groups and personages and well a logic dictate they should be so incensed as to be nearly an angry mob screaming for the crucifixion of the Black Messiah for being the Anti Christ but alas it is not so. Could this be the sin of pride we are witnessing? Are they too prideful to admit they were wrong and duped in 2008? Too afraid of looking stupid? Of having to admit that they are not the infallible conduits to God they promote themselves as?
These black religious leaders are going to have to make a hard choice and soon. However they best make it carefully because it WILL be remembered and they WILL be judged by it. IF they are going to withdraw inside their church and proclaim this a temporal matter further citing the Separation of Church & State as proof of this then they best stick to that story when iot comes to meddling in temporal political affairs in the future lest the back lash they receive find them treated like the defacto corporations and lobbying groups they really have become. Otherwise they need to decide, are the Black blindly supporting Obama for a free Entitlement ride because he’s black with wonton disregard for what this current liberal socialistic path is doing to the survivability of our Country, or are they AMERICANS with American standards mores and values willing to stand up for them and protest the violation of these things by a badly elected President?
You don’t have to take my word for it however. How about the word of a former Libertarian Vice-Presidential candidate and a noted LAs Vegas odds maker with a proven track rerod for calling Presidential races correctly instead of me? HE has an even larger list of those Obama has managed to alienate, disrespect and outright screw by Executive Order.
Wayne Allyn Root is a former Libertarian vice presidential nominee. He now serves as Chairman of the Libertarian National Campaign Committee. He is the best-selling author of “The Conscience of a Libertarian: Empowering the Citizen Revolution with God, Guns, Gold & Tax Cuts.”
Most political predictions are made by biased pollsters, pundits, or prognosticators who are either rooting for Republicans or Democrats. I am neither. I am a former Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee, and a well-known Vegas oddsmaker with one of the most accurate records of predicting political races.
Neither Obama nor Romney are my horses in the race. I believe both Republicans and Democrats have destroyed the U.S. economy and brought us to the edge of economic disaster. My vote will go to Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson in November, whom I believe has the most fiscally conservative track record of any Governor in modern U.S. political history. Without the bold spending cuts of a Gary Johnson or Ron Paul, I don’t believe it’s possible to turnaround America.
But as an oddsmaker with a pretty remarkable track record of picking political races, I play no favorites. I simply use common sense to call them as I see them. Back in late December I released my New Years Predictions. I predicted back then- before a single GOP primary had been held, with Romney trailing for months to almost every GOP competitor from Rick Perry to Herman Cain to Newt- that Romney would easily rout his competition to win the GOP nomination by a landslide. I also predicted that the presidential race between Obama and Romney would be very close until election day. But on election day, Romney will win by a landslide similar to Reagan-Carter in 1980.
Understanding history, today I am even more convinced of a resounding Romney victory. Thirty-two years ago at this moment in time, Reagan was losing by 9 points to Carter. Romney is right now running even in polls. So why do most pollsters give Obama the edge?
First, most pollsters are missing one ingredient- common sense. Here is my gut instinct: not one American who voted for McCain four years ago will switch to Obama. Not one in all the land. But many millions of people who voted for an unknown Obama four years ago are angry, disillusioned, turned off, or scared about the future. Voters know Obama now- and that is a bad harbinger.
Now to an analysis of the voting blocks that matter in U.S. politics:
*Black voters. Obama has nowhere to go but down among this group. His endorsement of gay marriage has alienated many black church-going Christians. He may get 88% of their vote instead of the 96% he got in 2008. This is not good news for Obama.
*Hispanic voters. Obama has nowhere to go but down among this group. If Romney picks Rubio as his VP running-mate the GOP may pick up an extra 10% to 15% of Hispanic voters (plus lock down Florida). This is not good news for Obama.
*Jewish voters. Obama has been weak in his support of Israel. Many Jewish voters and big donors are angry and disappointed. I predict Obama’s Jewish support drops from 78% in 2008 to the low 60’s. This is not good news for Obama.
*Youth voters. Obama’s biggest and most enthusiastic believers from 4 years ago have graduated into a job market from hell. Young people are disillusioned, frightened, and broke- a bad combination. The enthusiasm is long gone. Turnout will be much lower among young voters, as will actual voting percentages. This not good news for Obama.
*Catholic voters. Obama won a majority of Catholics in 2008. That won’t happen again. Out of desperation to please women, Obama went to war with the Catholic Church over contraception. Now he is being sued by the Catholic Church. Majority lost. This is not good news for Obama.
*Small Business owners. Because I ran for Vice President last time around, and I’m a small businessman myself, I know literally thousands of small business owners. At least 40 percent of them in my circle of friends, fans and supporters voted for Obama 4 years ago to “give someone different a chance.” I warned them that he would pursue a war on capitalism and demonize anyone who owned a business…that he’d support unions over the private sector in a big way…that he’d overwhelm the economy with spending and debt. My friends didn’t listen. Four years later, I can’t find one person in my circle of small business owner friends voting for Obama. Not one. This is not good news for Obama.
*Blue collar working class whites. Do I need to say a thing? White working class voters are about as happy with Obama as Boston Red Sox fans feel about the New York Yankees. This is not good news for Obama.
*Suburban moms. The issue isn’t contraception…it’s having a job to pay for contraception. Obama’s economy frightens these moms. They are worried about putting food on the table. They fear for their children’s future. This is not good news for Obama.
*Military Veterans. McCain won this group by 10 points. Romney is winning by 24 points. The more our military vets got to see of Obama, the more they disliked him. This is not good news for Obama.
Add it up. Is there one major group where Obama has gained since 2008? Will anyone in America wake up on election day saying “I didn’t vote for Obama four years ago. But he’s done such a fantastic job, I can’t wait to vote for him today.” Does anyone feel that a vote for Obama makes their job more secure?
Forget the polls. My gut instincts as a Vegas oddsmaker and common sense small businessman tell me this will be a historic landslide and a world-class repudiation of Obama’s radical and risky socialist agenda. It’s Reagan-Carter all over again.
But I’ll give Obama credit for one thing- he is living proof that familiarity breeds contempt.
NOTHING in a political race is a certainty until the final vote is tallied and the winner is officially declared. However I DO know THIS for a CERTANITY, if the Military & Veterans and their combined families along with the religious right refuse to vote for Obama, IRREGARDLESS of whom they DO actually vote for, Obama will NOT have another four more years to do even worse than he already has to us because he no longer has to worry about throttling it back because he needs to win re-election. THAT my friends is CERTAIN FACT.
a Leprechaun, or if you absolutely must a Dragon. Again this election is not so much about who gets elected as it is who DOES NOT GET RE-ELECTED.
I’m the Lethal Leprechaun and I wrote, starred in, paid for, expressed my opinion and bloody damned well approve of this message and if you have half a brain in your head irregardless of your political affiliation you’ll approve of it too!