No Issue this week

My friends,

On the morning of Tuesday, January 9th, my 40 year-old daughter died.  She had suffered most of her young life with addiction as well as physical and mental issues.  Her death is still under investigation, but it appears she took her own life.

I have been trying to write this post for hours, actually, if the truth be told, I’ve been trying to write this post in my head since the moment I was contacted by the investigators.  One of my first thoughts was to reach out to you, my extended family.  But, as you can imagine, I’m really still in shock.

Please don’t worry if I don’t answer your emails or other messages right away.  My wonderful wife has possession of my phone and is handling most everything that is coming in.

We are not asking for anything from anybody other than thoughts and prayers.  But, if you read between the lines you probably understand that she had no life insurance and her family is raising money for burial expenses and such.  Her mother has started a facebook fundraiser to help raise money.  I don’t know that much about facebook, have no real desire to learn anything about facebook and if it wasn’t for the dart league I wouldn’t even have facebook.  But, if you’d like to contribute, you can hit the same button you hit to donate and I’ll make sure that a special check is written from dragonlaffs.

Thank you for your love and prayers, I haven’t even sent this out and I can already feel your outpouring of love and prayers.

Thank you my dear, dear friends and family.

27 Responses to No Issue this week

1. Jadviga / Garth says:

May the Lord have mercy on her soul and grant her a better and easier time with him by her side as with you and yours, You and your Family have our deepest sympathy for your grief and loss.

The Bull Mob of Cairns Australia

2. Leah D says:

May God’s love and peace, give you solace.

3. Mary Mcclane says:

My most heartfelt sympathy. I’ll say a prayer for you and your family.

4. SMSgt. Chuck Gill says:

Bob and Mary,
    Tammye and I will keep y’all in our thoughts and prayers. We can hope and pray that your grief and burdens grow lesser as you go through this troubled time. I pray she is resting at peace in Heaven with God and his angels. I’ll make a donation through the link. I wish I could be there to give y’all a hug and some Southern comfort. Please be strong for each other and don’t hesitate to contact me if y’all need to. The number hasn’t changed.

5. Steven Hodges says:

I can’t imagine your grief and loss. You are in our prayers…

6. Kris says:

May God bless you & your family at this time.

7. Jonathon says:

Always here for youu and your family, brother… Love and prayers are always there for you and your family…

8. Christopher Brugman says:

Prayers for You and Your family.

9. Joe says:

oh my goodness. words are never enough! may you feel my hugs for you and all of your family during this time. may GOD help me in relaying of my feelings of condolances!! GOD BLESS and comfort you all!

10. Ginny. says:

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Made a donation through Dragon Laffs. so you can look for it there.